Welcome to LHI.ie!
The IPSA as we were commonly known is now trading under the name of Leisure Horse Ireland, this is because we feel it better reflects who we are and what we do.
We are not just Ireland’s Coloured Horse Stud Book, we also maintain an Equine Identity Register suitable for all types of non pedigree horses and The Irish Donkey Studbook.
Scope Of Services Offered:
- To effectively organize and maintain a stud book for coloured horses and ponies of Irish origin
- To effectively organize and maintain a stud book for Donkeys of Irish origin
- To provide an efficient and cost-effective registration process for all solid coloured non pedigree (ID passport) horses
- To issue internationally recognised identity documents for horses and donkeys
- To licence coloured horse stallions
- To licence donkey stallions
- To promote the interest in and status & appreciation of, coloured horses & donkeys in Ireland and abroad
In 2003 The Irish Piebald & Skewbald Association Ltd (The IPSA) was formed, and after much effort we at last achieved official recognition from the EU and Irish Dept. of Agriculture as a Passport Issuing & Stud Book Authority thus establishing ourselves as a totally separate organization from The BSPA, exclusively serving Irish Registrants.
Over the intervening years registration numbers continue to grow and to further enhance the services we offer to owner / breeders, in 2011 we gained approval to issue equine identity documents suitable for all horses
In light of the very difficult economic conditions we are all experiencing presently, we have substantially reduced registration fees for the 2012 season, all the while maintaining the quickest turnaround of non pedigree registrations among the competing stud books.
In March 2014 we have been approved for the first time to establish and promote The Irish Donkey Studbook.
We hope you find your visit to our web site informative and enjoyable. ……and thanks for dropping by!